Over the years, I have tried a lot of different recipes that I have loved and obviously many that I hated. When I pick new recipes to try I always try to take into consideration if Blake, Colby and Richard will enjoy the recipe as well.
Sloppy Joes is one of those recipes that we enjoy. We eat it a few different ways. This recipe is based on Rachel Ray’s Philly Cheesecake Sloppy Joes recipe.
Over the years I have made this many times and now I’m sharing it with you!
Philly Sloppy Joes
- 1-1.5lb Ground meat (I used ground beef but have made it many times with ground turkey or chicken)
- Grill Seasoning (I use McCormick Grill Seasoning)
- 1/4 c Steak Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- large onion chopped
- 2-3 Cubanelle peppers chopped
- Provolone cheese-optional
- Rolls- optional
- Season the meat with about 2 Tbsp of the grill seasoning
2. Brown the meat in the pan
3. Add the onions, peppers, steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce into the pan
4. Cook until the peppers and onions are softened. Add more seasoning and sauces as needed. You can also add in some beef stock if you want more of a sauce to the meat.
5. Serve with provolone cheese. I ate mine on a plate with the cheese cut up into the meat. The boys both had their in sub rolls.
Richard and I eat most, ok all, of the onions and peppers. That’s ok it just makes it healthier for the two of us.
This dish is a favorite of all 4 of us. It is a simple delicious go to meal that doesn’t take long to make.