family · life

When Mom doesn’t feel good…

Yesterday was one of “those days”. Colby was home from school because he needed to go have a follow up appointment with the dentist. This went well. At this point, we are pretty much out the woods and they predict that his teeth have totally healed and he won’t need to have a root canal! WooHoo!

That was the positive of the day. He and I butted heads before we left for the dentist. Colby is my absent minded professor. I swear he’d forget his head if it wasn’t attached. This goes for remembering to clean up as well. I swear the child doesn’t intend to be a total slob, he just forgets to clean up. He went downstairs and cleaned up the Lego mess, well most of it anyway. He then said he would clean his room. There is a trail of clothes and you can’t find the top of his desk. Richard and I tease him about this all the time, but from time to time I get on his case and insist it gets cleaned up. Well, this usually involves lots of grumbles, a few slammed doors, and finally cleaning up.

After a chat about the importance of showing respect to property, we headed to the dentist. After we waited 1 hour for a 5 minute appointment we left and headed home. We decided to stop and get Chick-fil-a for lunch. They just built one in our town and it opened up in early October. We hadn’t had an opportunity to stop in, so we figured why not. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, ate about 3 bites and realized I was not in the mood to eat. Colby ended up finishing the chicken out of my sandwich after eating his grilled chicken nuggets.  We then stopped off to get his glasses fixed. He doesn’t know how or when, but he lost the nose pads to his glasses… see absent minded professor!

When we got home, I realized it wasn’t that I just wasn’t hungry, I didn’t feel good. I changed into my pajama pants. (who doesn’t want to be in pajama bottoms when they don’t feel good?) I went to work and folded the two loads of laundry I had done in the morning. Then I went and camped out on the couch. It was one of those moments where you just wanted to crawl into a ball and ignore the world. Colby did manage to clean his room and then decided to keep me company.

We went and picked up Blake and then went back to the couch. That is when the boys realized I wasn’t quite myself. Since I was letting them watch tv on a weekday. I made dinner fend for yourself.  The boys were so sweet. They both offered to make me something to eat. Blake got me ice water in my cup and Colby brought me one of his stuffed animals.

When Richard got home I went to bed. I woke and and was fine… it was strange. I guess my body was telling me I needed to slow down or something? But, I don’t feel like doing that again anytime soon. I don’t think the boys want it either!

At least it was a short term thing and things can go back to normal in our house… whatever normal is!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s