Yesterday we had a rainy day so I decided it was a good day to make cookies. I decided to make chocolate chip cookies. I have found a new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe from my Duff Bakes cookbook. This is the chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, he as a crispy one too, but I don’t like that one… sorry Duff!
This time I decided to switch it up a bit and add in peanut butter chips.
Chocolate Chip/Peanut Butter Chip cookies (adapted from Duff Goldman’s Fat and Chewy Chocolate chip cookies)
- 2 1/4 c. AP Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 c. pb chips
- preheat oven to 375
- cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- add in eggs and vanilla
- add flour, baking soda and salt
- stir in chips (pb and chocolate)
- scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets (I used my silpats)
- bake cookies for 8-12 min depending on how gooey you want the centers to be
- cool for 5 min on sheet then transfer to cooling racks
These cookies are soooooo yummy. The center is soft and with the perfect level of chew. The cookie base itself is super buttery and there is just the right level of salt. The combination of the chocolate and peanut butter is balanced and adds a great sweetness. As you can see, Colby tried them too and he also loved them. Blake doesn’t like pb chips, but he has had this when I made it with just chocolate chips and liked it. Hmmm I think next time I’ll do chocolate chips, pretzels and butterscotch chips. Ummm yummy!