I had chicken thighs and sweet potatoes to have for dinner last night. Originally I was going to grill them both, but then it decided to pour when I would have to heat the grill and get things started.
This prompted me to switch gears. Ok… turn on the oven!
This was a toss together meal, so that means I don’t have any exact measurements, but hey winging it is not a bad thing!
Chicken Thighs with sweet potatoes and apples
- chicken thighs- trim off the fat
- 2 apples sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes sliced
- S & P
- preheat oven to 400
- pour a bit of EVOO on a sheet pan
- placed sliced sweet potatoes and apples on the cookie sheet
- sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper over the whole layer
- placed cleaned chicken on top of sweet potatoes and apples
- sprinkle cumin, salt and pepper over chicken
- top with aluminium foil and bake for 15 min
- remove foil, increase oven temp to 425 and cook for an additional 10-15 min or until chicken is cooked thoroughly
I did enjoy this a lot. I probably put more EVOO than needed. Next time, I may just spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray instead of pouring the EVOO on it. It didn’t taste greasy, but there was just a lot of grease/oil on the bottom of the pan when it was all said and done.
The boys both enjoyed the chicken and ate 2 or 3 thighs each. They were not fans of the apples or sweet potatoes, but that didn’t shock me since they don’t really like cooked veggies at all.
Richard did not like the apples but did enjoy the sweet potato and chicken.
I found that if you got a bite with a bit of everything it tasted really good. Next time, I will make it with just the sweet potatoes and skip the apples. But it was a tasty and healthy meal!