If you have been following my blog for any length of time, then you know that we moved into our house in Sept. Yep, it is almost a year since we moved into our house. We have lived in PA for over a year now. We built the house we are living in and I will tell you one thing about building a house… builder paint sucks! Plus putting a coat of paint on the walls is a simple way to transform a house into a home.
Before we moved into the house, I took a week and moved all the kitchen items into the house and painted the boys rooms. I did Colby’s room in a fish/ocean theme (blue with a painted tank with sticker fish), and Blake’s as an American sports theme (cream walls with a burgandy stripe). (Click on the boys’ names to see the posts and pictures of their rooms.) We wanted their rooms to be done before we moved in the furniture and it was settled before the boys moved into the house.
Richard then picked out a gray/silvery color to paint his office. Again we wanted it done before all the furniture was settled and into the room. This room was done after we moved in, but before all was settled.
I then moved on and painted the downstairs bathroom (hunter green) and then the boy’s bathroom (slate gray). Then Richard and I painted the kitchen, morning room and living room.
This weekend we tackled our next project, the basement. When we built the house we had a majority of the basement finished as part of the building process. We already use this room a lot. It is where we have our larger tv, most of the boys stuff (including all the Lego sets), all the games, the gaming systems and so much more. In the future we plan on getting a pool table, dart board and build in a wet bar. So, this paint job needed to be fun!
We went with two shades of green. The darker green is even named “billiard” green. Richard thought I was crazy when I explained how I wanted to use the two greens in the room, but when we were done with the combo wall he agreed that it looks good.
We aren’t quite done yet. We need to paint the stairwell the lighter green color. Then we will paint darker green in the area where we have the tv as well as the wall the bar will eventually go on. (pretty much any way you see beige in the pictures still needs to be painted)
We are almost done hanging the shelving unit I built for the Lego bins. We will also use this to display some of the built Lego models and possibly put games on as well… we will see once we get everything moved onto the shelves.
I say this is a great start! I’m ready for some organization down there to make it feel more functional.