After I made the oatmeal pumpkin spice cookies, I decided I needed to try pumpkin spice snickerdoodles. Come on, who doesn’t love a good snickerdoodle cookie? They are buttery and tasty.
Well this weekend I decided it was time to try out this theory. I looked up a snickerdoodle reicpe and then tweaked it with pumpkin spice. I have a recipe I normally use, but decided to just find one quickly online.
I decided to bake bar cookies instead of cookies. This gives it more butter flavor and is also faster because it is all one 9×13 pan
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles Bars
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pumpkin spice
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 9×13 pan
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together
- Add in the egg, the yolk, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and pumpkin spice and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Turn mixture into the 9×13 pan and spread it out
- top with sugar/pumpkin spice mixture
- bake for 20-25 min
- allow to cool completely before cutting
Richard and I both brought these to work. They were a big hit. I really enjoyed the fact that the pumpkin spice was added to the actual cookie and not just as a topping in this recipe. It made it less buttery, but the spice carried through the whole cookie. I’m not sure they tasted like snickerdoodles due to this change, but it still was tasty.